Sunday 25 November 2012

A Day without Cell Phone & Internet

We are hooked to Cell phone to the extent that we are on line for 24 by 7. Social Sites, Twtter, Face book, Blog, there are so many attractions /addictions which are keeping us attached  to it.

Wonder, What if, we keep the Cell phone in shut down mode for a day? Also, no internet through Computer?  Today morning i   decided to switch off the cell phone and do not assess the internet through Computer . What happend? Could i actually achieve my goal?

Morning 8 AM, Cel phone switched off. I felt like i am missing some thing. Again and again my hands were reaching towards my phone. I was feeling  completely detached from the world. Had a lot of inferiority complex, that the world might have forgotten me.

At 11 AM , I was feeling completely insecured,  had an urge to write some thing on this blog. But somehow, i controlled the urge, and went out to market for Grocerry shopping. It took around 2 hours and returned home.

At 2 PM, Now, i had my lunch, watched the TV for 1 Hr, and retired .

At 4 PM, Sleep was not very much rewarding, had a pinning  headache. Good Masala Tea will help. Prepared Tea Masala, using  Cardamom, Cinnamon, Clove, black pepper and Dried Ginger.

At 5 PM, Now, i started feeling restless, No computer, No internet, No cel phone.. The life was like a hell. Spend time chatting with Wife. Was she surprised ? May be :)

At 6 Pm , Went to Market  with wife. She wanted to collect her dresses ,which were given for stitching. returned home at 7-30 PM.

8-.30 Pm , Feeling very much detached from the world. Finally decided to log on and post todays experience of a Day without Cel phone and Internet..

Finally, i have come to a conclusion, i can very well surviwe without the cell phone, but with lot of mental pressure. Full day, i was rest less, had a feeling that the virtual world is missing me.  But was it like that?? I don't think so.

After deactivating my account from the FB, i had  the same  feeling ,that i am detached from the Virtual World, My virtual contacts were evaporated , once the account was deactivated. They are not my contacts any more, So called friends on FB are no more my friends . Out of 700 friends on fb only 20 -30 are in contact, rest are evaporated :) FB was just a media to build up Virtual World, which has got nothing to do with actual world. You believe it not, that  the over exposure, excessive attachement with the virtual world makes  you detached from the real world.. YOU CARE LESS FOR THE PEOPLE IN REAL WORLD THAN THAT OF VIRTUAL WORLD.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment